Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

15 years ago...

July 23, 1999, an old friend and I attended a game in Yankee Stadium. New York beat Cleveland 9-8 that night in just over 4 and a half hours. Long game.

Photo credit: Paul Parker

This might be a good time to mention Hardball Passport.  If you save old baseball tickets stubs from games you attended (they also have a basketball site, with football coming soon), you can easily retrieve details of the games you attended. Here is my list. I attended some games in the early 1970s that are not yet covered by the website and many, many minor league games that are not in their database -- many from the late 1990s and early- to mid-2000s. Oh, I've also apparently lost some tickets stubs from college. They don't seem to have exhibition games either, at least not from 1987 when I saw 8 games in 7 days in Spring Training in Florida.

The website likewise doesn't show that I attended the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies two days after that Yankee game in Cooperstown, New York. I went because of George Brett, though Nolan Ryan and Robin Yount were also inducted that weekend (along with four others nominated by the Veterans Committee: Orlando Cepeda, Nestor Chylak, Frank Selee, and Joe Williams).


Visit this blog's homepage.

For 140 character IR and foreign policy talk, follow me on twitter.

Or for basketball, baseball, movies or other stuff, follow this personal twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment